Friday, December 28, 2012

I take it all back – memes in ads 2

0 comments

Earlier this year, I wrote about agencies using memes in adverts, and why I thought it was a bit wank. I wasn’t convinced that piggybacking on a meme would ever make a good campaign.

Well, I was wrong.

This is fucking brilliant.

The resolution, “#Firstworldproblems are not problems” could be stronger, but it’s still a great idea. (Copy-wise, I’d have written something like, “Some #firstworldproblems affect us all. Like the lack of donations from the US to its crisis-hit world neighbours”).

Nonetheless, it’s a fantastic bit of work and I encourage you all to donate to Water is Life.

redqueenTags: advertising, charity, copy, copywriting, digital, Interesting, marketing, online, social media, tone of voice, virals, YouTube


View the original article here

Leave a Reply